The Scadding Mine Project

Multiple intercepts containing visible gold have been encountered during drill programs on the Scadding site.

Numerous mines occur in a region northeast and southwest of Sudbury known as the Huronian Gold Belt.

The Scadding Property (shown in red) lies within the most productive areas of this belt as shown by the number of other past mines in the area.

The Crystal Comstock Gold Mine for example produced some of the highest grade gold assays ever recorded in Ontario, samples of which are on display at the Royal Ontario Museum. The Valley Inco Clarabelle mill near Sudbury was also one of the first million ounce producers of gold in Canada.

The Scadding Mine property has a full mining permit.

The Property contains five main zones:

  • Central Zone was mined underground from 15 to 110 metres below surface,
  • North, South, and East-West Zones have all been mined by shallow open cuts or pits,
  • New Zone has been identified from diamond drilling.


History

1973 – staked by Gulf Minerals Canada Ltd. Significant gold showings were encountered on surface including a sample that assayed at 22.0 oz./ton.

1987 – Northgate Minerals recovered from high grade areas approximately 29,400 ounces of the estimated 165,000 ounces initially identified on the property.

1997 – optioned by Currie Rose Resources which carried out a very limited drill program in 2003.

2007 – optioned to MPE International.

2008 – MPE completed a new NI 43-101 that recommended a two-phase drill program to expand the resource.

2009 – MPE optioned property to Trueclaim Exploration Inc. to carry out this drill program.

2016 – Northern Sphere Mining Corp. entered into a joint venture agreement with Trueclaim Exploration Inc. for a joint venture project on Trueclaim’s Scadding Gold Property.

Under the terms of the agreement, Northern Sphere has earned an 80% interest in the Property and has paid Trueclaim $75,000. Northern Sphere has the right to earn up to a 90% interest in the Property by developing it into gold production. Northern Sphere may purchase the remaining 10% interest for a purchase price of $2,000,000.

Northern Sphere is working with Trueclaim’s mining team to create a plan to develop the Property to gold production.


Geology

Mainly underlain by the Serpent, Espanola and Bruce Formations of the Quirke Lake Group and lesser dikes and sills of the Nipissing intrusive suite.

Known gold mineralization occurs with chlorite and iron sulfides in hydrothermal breccias at several stratigraphic levels within the Serpent Formation.

The Serpent Formation is thought to be about 450 metres thick but the top of the formation is everywhere an erosion surface.

The Serpent Formation consists mainly of resistant, buff weathering and massive-looking, siliceous clastic metasediments.

NI 43-101 / Mapping

Drill sections assays include, 19.29 metres of 12.9 grams/ton and visible gold. 43-101 results are being expanded on economical historic property.

The results to date:

  • 19.29m @ 12.90 g/ton
  • 15.78m @ 5.36 g/ton
  • 10.00m @ 3.90 g/ton

Phase I Drill Results


Phase II Drill Results


Tailings Project

This project consists of significant tailings piles from previous mining operations in the 1980’s.

It tested to be economically viable and is expected to produce a sustainable cash flow.

Recent lab tests indicated 80.1% of Au recoverable.*
*Activation Laboratories Ltd.

History

  • Scadding Mine produced over 30,000 oz Au
  • Head grade 7 g/ton
  • Ministry of mines data indicates extraction was 82.7%
  • 17.3% left in tailings
  • Tailings historic grade 1.17 gram